Terms & Conditions – the legal bits
- The hiring will be between the Holidaymaker (the Client) and Quayside Holidays (the Owner). The booking will be made subject to these conditions of hire and the Owner will enter into a legally binding Contract on the issue, of a confirmation of booking.
- Booking - A deposit of 40% of the holiday rental is payable on booking. The balance of the cost of the holiday rental is due six weeks before the start of the holiday. For bookings made less than six weeks before the start of the holiday full payment is due on booking.
Should the balance not be paid within six weeks days of the arrival date then the booking will be cancelled and the deposit shall be forfeit.
- Cancellation – Any cancellation made by the Client shall be in writing. We will do all that we can to re-let the booking. If we are unable to re-let then any rental fee paid will be forfeit. If we are successful in re-letting for the same rental, we will refund any payment made by you less a management charge.
- Liability - The Owner has taken care to ensure that the property and its contents are safe and in good order. The Owner cannot accept liability for any damage, expense, injury, death or loss of any nature whatsoever other than that caused by the negligence of the Owner or its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment) or agents.
- Arrivals and Departures - In order that the properties can be properly inspected between guests the properties will be available at 4 p.m. on the day of arrival - please check your arrival sheet for the correct time. All properties should be vacated by 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed by the owner and the agency.
- Occupancy - The number of persons occupying the property may not exceed the maximum number stated on the web site. The Owner has the right to refuse entry to a party larger than the agreed number. The Owner reserves the right to refuse or curtail a booking where it transpires that information has been withheld from him, such as, numbers in the party, composition or intended use of the property. Such action will be deemed a cancellation.
- Care of the property - The Hirer must take care of the property and the fixtures and fittings in and around the property, and leave it clean and tidy and in the same condition as at the start of the holiday. The Owner has the right to request payment to cover extra cleaning costs.
- Breakages - Any breakages or damage must be reported to the Owner or caretaker, who has the right to request payment to cover the cost of repair or replacement.
- Pets - Pets are accepted at some properties. The charge for a pet will be £20 per week and £15 for a short-break. Pets must be under control at all times and not left alone in the property at anytime. Pets are not permitted in any bedrooms or on any furniture. At the end of the holiday all traces of the pet must be cleaned from the house and garden.
- Complaints - Should there be a problem or any cause for complaint during the occupation of the property, please contact the owner immediately so that it can be remedied as soon as possible. No complaints can be dealt with after the completion of your holiday.
- Access - The Owner or his/her representative shall be allowed access to the holiday accommodation at any reasonable time for essential maintenance. Wherever possible this would be by prior arrangement.
- Lost Property - We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for any lost property left behind at the end of your stay. Whilst we will make every effort to return lost property this will only be done on receipt of full payment for the registered post involved plus a £5 plus V.A.T handling and packing charge. Items not claimed after 28 days will be disposed of.
- Website and Brochure Accuracy - Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information given within the website and in our brochure, if a feature is of particular importance the information should be confirmed prior to booking the holiday. Quayside Holidays does not warrant and is not responsible for the accuracy of any verbal information given or statements made by any of its employees or agents.
Guests must accept responsibility for the safety of their children